Hello! Today I’m linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud, for I believe the 2nd time?
To those who are new, Thinking Out Loud is a fun linkup where everyone shares random thoughts!
So when I was thinking up what to write about today, I realized that the theme seems to be my current obsessions. So we’ll go with it. Sort of.
- I’m still obsessed with Raaw Macaw bars. Thanks to nut allergy+gluten restriction, my bar choices are limited to basically Luna bars. Which I was getting dreadfully sick up. Enter Raaw Macaw (note: I am definitely not sponsored, just obsessed). You basically get to design your own energy bar and decide what you want in it, and they’ll make it taste good for you and send them! My first had a date and sunflower seed base, with chia seeds and chocolate chips. I was struck with inspiration last week and designed a second, more sunflower-y bar and immediately ordered it. This has just a sunflower base (it has a less chewy texture), whey protein, cinnamon, sea salt, chocolate chips, and dried tart cherries.
- I’m also obsessed with timehop right now, that app that goes through your phone and shows you memories from that day x years ago. I’ve enjoyed watching my kitties grow up again!
- We have a new chef at my dorm/house and I LOVE him. The food is amazing, and he is fantastic about making me and my friend GF options. I missed lunch the other day while I was at class, and came home to a sandwich with my name on it in the fridge. And a delicious one at that—BLT with no B and avocado instead! The teriyaki salmon bowls and the Mexican food were insane.
- My puppy got her first trim. She is 1000X more adorable. She also seems tiny.
- On Sunday I went home to visit my high school friend. I hadn’t seen her since right before I got Chloe! We took her for a looong walk along the bay. I think it’s so beautiful here in the winter.
- Going home also meant a home cooked meal. The highlight? Persimmon crisp. SO good. My mom used the same recipe that we normally use for blueberry crisp and I probably ate half the pan.
- My roommate currently has some sort of stomach bug. I love her and hope she feels better but I also really, really don’t want to get it to! I’m terrified!
- I’m still so obsessed with our new Crossfit sweatshirts. It is the comfiest thing ever.
- Speaking of fitness, my spin classes started up again this week! They are seriously a blast. I spent all of the break finding new music, and I think I have about 30 new songs, which adds fresh energy to the class. So far, classes have been filling up, with a wait list! The beginning of the quarter is especially fun because we have a lot of first timers, or people who haven’t done spin in a while. I love watching their progression throughout the quarter! Not so fun? My mic died in class today. It started at 2/3 bars and then was just done. Luckily, I tend to be pretty loud, but I’m definitely losing my voice now!
What are you thinking this week?