Happy Friday! This is a weird week-no school Thursday or Friday for me!
This morning’s workout I got from Shannon.
5 sets of 8 reps:
Plus half a set of split squat.
Then, I added 4×250 sprint on the erg and an abs circuit. Still on tap for today is a 4 mile training run (because I didn’t do it yesterday), and maybe yoga since it’s been a while!
1. After seeing Sunnie’s post about her Coconut Lemon birthday cake, I was inspired to make something delicious with coconut for lunch. Given the like 3 ingredients I still have in my dorm room. Unsweetened coconut, vanilla protein powder,vanilla, a little sweetener, milk, and a touch of salt (this is key!) all microwaved for about 45 seconds. I’m not sure how I feel about my protein powder, so when I get home I think I’ll try a version without, that is still high protein.
2. I’ve decided that I am actually a fan of Psychological Thrillers. Since we’re learning about mental disorders in Psych, I thought that the most logical way to study was to watch a movie. Did you know you can rent movies on iTunes?? I watched Black Swan and Side Effect, and really liked them both. #productive day
3. I think I need to revisit the whole “grains make me fall asleep” thing. I hadn’t really been noticing anything, but the past 2 days I’ve been seriously dragging after having a giant waffle for breakfast. Last night I got plenty of sleep, but was seriously dragging after breakfast, so I took a nap and pushed back working out. I haven’t avoided grains lately and I’ve been dragging a lot lately. Coincidence? Seems unlikely.
4. Training for a race while in school is way harder than in summer. When I trained for my 10k last year, I did maybe one or two training runs off schedule. This time around training for my half, I feel like I’m always a day or two behind. Since this is my first half, I want to follow the plan as much as possible. However, when I do the Nike Women’s half in October, I need to realize that flexibility is necessary, since a majority of the training will be during school.
5. Yesterday was a complete rest day, mentally and physically (hence the 2 movies). I think that was much needed going into finals! Although some studying would be helpful as well…