Wow, long time, seriously no post! Want to know a result of my lack of posting? My phone keeps dying. Since I need my phone near me for my alarm, it does’t get to charge at night. So as it turns out, my phone’s main charging time is while I blog, when it is connected to my computer.

So why haven’t I been posting? I’ve been busy…This weekend was Rush. And my meals have been scattered and boring or odd, because rush was during dinnertime. Lots of protein bars were consumed. And I didn’t have a ton going on that was worth posting.

I’m supposed to reflect on my week for Operation: Get Healthy. To be honest, I completely forgot about it until I saw Miranda’s post. Oops. So in summary, I failed miserably, and have gone in the wrong direction. On the plus side, my exercise has gone mostly according to plan, although I decided upon waking up that Friday needed to be a rest day. Which was fine by me, I didn’t exactly plan a rest day into my workout plan, so it made sense to take it when I needed it.

Saturday morning I lifted weights, focusing on snatches (they needed work). I ended up doing a Crossfit style workout of snatches and box jumps, and ended up doing 65 snatches for the day. I thought I was going to be horribly sore, but I wasn’t!

After my workout, I went out to lunch with my parents at Calafia. I ordered a bowl that included lentils, quinoa, spinach, and yams in a curry sauce.


Afterwards, we went to Cold Stone. I haven’t been there in ages. Did you know they have frozen yogurt now? I was sold. Their ice cream is pretty rich and usually gives me a stomachache, but the froyo was fine. Image

With cookie dough. 🙂

After lunch, we hit up Whole Foods. Soooo have I mentioned I love Manilla Mangos, that happen to be on sale at Whole Foods from now through summer? Well….

I would say that I am now the proud owner of 26 mangos. But I’d be lying. Because I’ve eaten some since Saturday. Yes, I bought 22 mangos (I had 4), but at a good price, I swear!Image

This is about half, the other half are in a basket. Now, I didn’t just wake up Saturday morning thinking, “I’m going to buy 22 mangos today.”

See, what happened was the green mangos were at the front of the store. SInce they weren’t that ripe, why not get 10? Oh, but 2 more to make it an even dozen.

Then, in the back of the store were the ripe mangos. And since the sale is by sets of 5 mangos…

Let’s just say I am quite pleased.

I also restocked yogurt. Whole Foods brand of greek yogurt is delicious! And the vanilla doesn’t have that much sugar, which is even more awesome.

Sunday was spent mainly avoiding my long run. I meant to do it right after waking up. Yeah, I did it at 3:30. But at least I did it! One reason I really wanted to run it was I wanted to clock the distance and try out my Garmin. I got it maybe 4 years ago. I never figured out how to charge it, so it lived in my closet for a few years. I took one look at the watch and the charger and said, “I am an idiot.” Yeah, it’s that easy to charge. Apparently it took a high school degree and half a year of college to acquire the knowledge to do that.

Anyway, the run. My guess was that it was about 5 miles. It was about 5.4. And folks, this is a HILL. The run takes me up into the hills on a paved trail past 2 satellite dishes, and is pretty brutal. To get to the trail is a mile. Then, it is 2 miles up and 1 mile down. And the first mile up is STEEP. Like REALLY STEEP. But I got it done and felt awesome.

I did this run a ton at the beginning of the school year when I was in good running shape from my 10k. I ran it 2 or 3 times a week easily. Yeesh. I’m far from those days.

The only food picture I have from Sunday is a yogurt bowl.Image

Vanilla greek yogurt, Sunflower butter, and an attempt at a 2 ingredient pancake with sweet potato instead of banana. ( Plus vanilla and cinnamon.) I wasn’t a big fan.

A brief Monday recap: I began my morning with a faster paced run, about 1.5 miles. I sped up my pace at each chorus of the songs I was listening to. Then, I did this morning that I found somewhere on the internet.Image

I wasn’t a big fan, since I’m used to using weights for these exercises. I could do body weight squats FOR DAYS. Buuuut I haven’t done hardly any push ups since getting sick, so like 2 months. Yeah. They were hard. And guess what? My abs are sore. From push ups. Cool. But hey, I guess if it gets the job done…Image

Breakfast wasn’t very good. For some reason my smoothie tasted weird. Maybe the watermelon was a bit too ripe. And the eggs and potatoes were kind of greasy…Image

Lunch: chicken sandwich, minus the bread. Because I can’t afford to fall asleep. On that note, I am seriously questioning how much this whole bread thing might have been affecting my academic performance. Let’s be honest here. I haven’t gotten a ton of sleep lately, although this is totally my fault, and my choice. But I’m still WAY more alert and awake in class, and guess what? When you’re alert and awake in class, the material makes much more sense, and is way easier to understand. Given that lack of sleep doesn’t cause the extreme drowsiness that bread did, I wonder how much better I would have grasped the material if I didn’t eat it.

Dinner yesterday was weird. I ate a little early, mostly because I wanted yogurt at like 4 o clock and decided it would be dinner. Image

I’m seriously considering making yogurt for dinner a regular thing, given how disappointing the dining halls have been at dinner lately, and since I always seem to want yogurt bowls. I just need to get enough veggies in throughout the day. And since I’m up later and want late night snacks (hence the failure of Operation: Get Healthy), maybe late night veggies are in order?

This morning I went to a Spin class. I like that it leaves my legs burning a little throughout the morning. This is what I used to get last year after spin (before I got in crazy good shape over the summer).

Breakfast was a quick one in my room. Image

Microwave egg scramble with veggies, nutritional yeast, and avocado. Made in the microwave! Plus some strawberries.

Lunch was a corn and black bean salad, although there was hardly any lettuce!Image

And snack was another yogurt bowl. Surprise, surprise. And a mango…surprise again, haha!Image

Dinner was super boring, but healthy (blah blah). Image

As I was tell you all earlier, I went through the rush process, and am actually pledging today, which I didn’t really expect to do. Let’s just say I was sold when i sat down last night, and the girl who was chatting with me suggested I take off my heels. I have a celebration for that tonight.

Not going to lie, I’m a little concerned about maintaining healthy habits with a ton of social events that will probably involve food, especially since this week I’m getting serious about achieving my health goals. I’m not sure what else to say about my goals other than I really need to take them seriously, as getting back into a good routine at school has been tough (read: it hasn’t happened). I think I’m going to talk to a nutritionist to help me with all this, because being healthy in college can get difficult!

What is your favorite type of yogurt?

5 comments on “MangosMangosMangos

  1. Miranda @ Miranda Runs

    Hey girl! Missed you! 🙂 you’ve been so busy! Greek life rush? Social life is killer for eating well- hellloooo Freshman 15! I know you can do whatever you set your mind to! PS- i could easily do body weight squats forrrreva too!

    1. astottler

      Haha yeah Greek life rush. Well if nothing else, it will be a good experience to put my healthy habits to the test!

  2. Brittany @ DulceVie

    Your lunch looks so good! I feel like I eat too many protein bars too… well maybe not toooo many but still.

    1. astottler

      Haha they can be delicious 🙂

  3. Pingback: WIAW-Paleo-ish | Fitness is Sweet

Comments are closed.