Not a lot to share with you guys today….I’m still sick. I keep getting better….but then my temperature climbs right back up. I feel like some sort of mutant…I am on like 4 different things right now to treat my symptoms (so I actually feel ok right now…while all 4 are working!). I’ve gotten some new symptoms, so I wanted to get some tests done yesterday to figure it all out. I was a little concerned it is mono, but the doctors really don’t think so. Either way, I finally convinced them to at least test me for that. But first, let me back up a little. The evening started by calling Urgent Care to see if they would be able to do these types of tests that night, and they said yes. After going in and waiting, and finally meeting with a nurse, they said they didn’t have the resources tonight to do it, so they sent me BACK to the ER. It was way more crowded this time, and I felt a lot worse (pounding headache mainly). I waited in the Pediatric waiting room because the wait was supposedly shorter. This was a very unpleasant experience. There were 2 kids SCREAMING (they were older brothers of some other kid who was sick) and there was one little boy who had just been throwing up all over himself/his dad who walked over and stole a little girl’s Cheetos right out of her hand. In summary, I was there for 4 or 5 hours (can’t even remember at this point), and basically had to beg for any type of test at all. Even worse, there was supposed to be a specialist to draw my blood but she never showed up, so finally a nurse just did it…let’s just say my arm is slightly mutilated….

I don’t have a ton of food pictures. My stomach has been feeling kind of off. I just had some scrambled eggs for dinner, but I didn’t want anything else because I couldn’t stop coughing. 

I slept pretty late this morning, which was kind of a problem because it meant my fever did nothing but climb the longer I stayed in bed…and I couldn’t take anything before I ate, but I didn’t feel like getting up at all. I ended up with a cherry and mango smoothie. Lunch was saltines, plus apple juice and fizzy water (trying to rehydrate myself). Later on I had a breakfast burrito. Dinner has a picture though. Vegetable soup plus Gluten-free biscuits!ImageI honestly haven’t done much at all today but lay in bed. I seriously don’t know how I am going to keep up with my schoolwork when I feel terrible most of the time. I can’t remember the last time I was this sick!

At least my kitties spent some time with me today! As it turned out, all I had to do was move the cat climber in my room next to the window….ImageSilly cat!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

One comment on “Chugging Along

Comments are closed.